Most corporate workers are crammed with a busy schedule and have hardly anytime for leisure and sports. Impulse helps them to fit in their favourite sport into their schedule. Impluse’s CEO Nitin Anilkumar tells us how he came up with idea of Impulse and the different services they offer!
Give a brief info about Impulse: What inspired you to begin Impulse? What is the story behind it?
Almost 46% of the workforce in the world is suffering from stress and most importantly the urge of playing our favorite sports along with our work-life inspired me to think of Impulse. I have seen people working very hard and spending hours & hours in front of their devices, laptops, etc which eventually lead to a mental as well as physical stress.
The story behind it is an incident that took place around 2016 when my company team participated in a corporate cricket tournament where I was shocked to find close to 150+ companies participating to win a trophy. I happened to talk to some of the employees to find the reason for such huge participation and he told me “There isn’t much opportunity for us to play during our corporate life”. This rang a bell in my ear and I shared my experience with my friends (now partners) to start a venture for such sportaholic employees and fill the gap.
What are the various programs you offer at Impulse?
Under Sports we offer Sports Event Management, Sport Coaching, Jerseys, Sports Photography, Sports Goods and Digital Marketing. Under Health and Wellness we offer Zumba, Yoga, Cross-fit, Dance, Tabata, Health Labs and Dietician services.
How do you customize your programs to fit the busy lifestyle of the corporate employees?
Our on-ground programs are mostly during weekends and in the case when people aren’t free, we even provide them alternate schedules to participate.
Our online programs are totally customer-centric and we provide flexible timings based on the users’ timings.
Tell us about iWay?
iWAY is an AI-powered Sports & Health Management platform connecting corporate companies to Sports, Health & Lifestyle vendors. That makes it a one-stop solution to manage the sports and health activities of employees and improve corporate wellness activities.
Where is your startup based out of? Why do you think that is the best place for you?
Trivandrum, Kerala. Trivandrum is the IT capital of the state and the best place in terms of getting connected to large number of corporate companies, including the major names from Technopark.
Who are your competitors and what makes you unique?
Cure.Fit, Playo & Sporthood.
- 20+ SPORTS EVENTS LEADING TO 5K+ CORPORATES
- 50+ ONLINE CUSTOMERS WITHIN 3 MONTHS – YOGA, ZUMBA, FOOTBALL COACHING, AND DANCE SESSION.
- PROFESSIONAL TOUCH TO AMATEUR SPORTS EVENTS.
- 50+ CORPORATES READY TO BE ENROLLED TO THE PLATFORM
- 10+ SPONSORS ASSOCIATED
- 100+ SPORT, HEALTH & LIFESTYLE VENDORS READY TO BE ENROLLED
- IT PARK ASSOCIATION – TECHNOPARK, INFOPARK & CYBERPARK
- OUR ON-GROUND EXPERIENCE OVER THE PAST 1.5 YEARS.
How do you evaluate the changing trends in the fitness and sports industry?
Trends have drastically shifted to online/digital platforms amid COVID-19 and we think online sports and gaming industry will take a huge jump in the next few years to come. But I strongly believe that on-ground sports events will never lose its way. It is slow but will bounce back as we all love to play and play hard 🙂
Tell us about your team and how did you meet each other?
My team is my friends and mentors. We met during my journey as an employee in a company called Kreara Solutions (aka Cognub).
The other 2 directors –
- Anoop Ambika: He was the CEO of Kreara Solutions & current CEO Genpro Research. He is my idol. The person who taught me a lot and supported me throughout my life.
- Rajmohan Pillai – Chairman Beta Group and my mentor. He is a lovely person to learn all the nuances of the business. One of the successful entrepreneurs and industrialists we have in our state.
- My Friends & Partners: Libin, Mohin, Arun, Sudeep, Rameez, Deepu, Ansar, Ajmal, Rajeswari & Adithya.
Know a great startup story or want to share your own? Write to us at email@example.com and we will get back to you. For more updates follow Kerala Insider on Facebook.